Has someone ever apologized to you under conditions? And they usually rescind their apology if those conditions aren’t met?
That’s essentially what Keyshia Cole has done to Michelle Williams, and the former child of Destiny accepted Frankie’s child’s apology before realizing it was half-baked.
Back in February, after Beyoncé’s Super Bowl halftime show, Keyshia tweeted that Michelle is “wack” and is always ‘fuckin’ the groove up.’ Apparently it was in response to something Michelle tweeted that no one but Keyshia saw.
Last week, while promoting her new single “If We Had Your Eyes” on Philly’s Hot 107.9, Michelle said she wanted to have a woman-to-woman chat with Keyshia. She also said (in so many words) that she understands Keyshia’s struggles as a “crack baby” and applauds her for defying the odds. Read More
- A projector displaying a montage of Ciara’s videos flashed on the screen during the intro of her concert at the AT&T NFC Rally in Washington, D.C. CiCi then stormed the stage and opened with “I’m Out,” sans Nicki Minaj.
- Riddick dethrones Lee Daniel’s The Butler for the No. 1 spot at the Box Office. The Vin Diesel-starring flick, which features an appearance by singer Keri Hilson, opened with $18.7 million.
- X Factor rejects Fifth Harmony are the true breakout stars from season 2. The five, harmonizing starlets feel that they’re Better Together, so they’re packaging that concept into an EP that is being released on October 22nd.
- Remember Mandisa, the gospel powerhouse of season 5 of American Idol? Her fourth album, Overcomer, debuted at No. 1 on the Christian Albums chart.
- R. Kelly held a listening session for his forthcoming album, Black Panties, and revealed that it would hit stores on 11.11.
- Rihanna took a picture with her presumed frenemy Nicki Minaj. The “Pour It Up” singer is also rocking a new hairstyle she’s calling “ghetto goth,” so you know what that means.
- Jhené Aiko’s arm is in a sling due to injuries caused by a car accident, but like Mariah Carey, it didn’t hinder the sweet-voiced singer from looking flawless while posing with her good friend Childish Gambino for a picture.
- Lil’ Wayne obviously has a thing for “Miss Katie” Couric. The 30-year-old rapper spoke on doing hard time and dropping out of high school during a sit-down for her talk show, which is scheduled to air Monday, September 9th.
- Mario’s relationship with his manager’s ex-girlfriend was such a “Fatal Distraction,” the 27-year-old singer packaged his thoughts into a moody, sensual song.
- JoJo is so damn cool and talented. Like the top comment on the video of her “Anything” performance with Casey Veggies, I really hope she wins her lawsuit.
Kanye West : Jay Z :: Kelly Rowland : Beyoncé
Is Jay Z’s relationship with his prodigy Kanye West destined for the same outcome as Gucci Mane’s relationship with Waka Flocka Flame? Apparently so.
Jay Z sabotaged the release of Kanye West’s Yeezus (and J. Cole’s Born Sinner and Wale’s The Gifted) by unexpectedly announcing the release of his own album, Magna Carta Holy Grail, just days before Yeezus hit stores.
The partnership with Samsung elevated ‘Holy Grail’ to a grander playing field than other albums of its kind. The shallow deal made the actual album that much more interesting and made albums in the same category that much more obsolete. Read More
Bruno Mars will follow in the iconic footsteps of Beyoncé at Super Bowl XLVIII. The 27-year-old chart titan will play during halftime before 100-plus million viewers at New Jersey’s MetLife Stadium on February 2, 2014.
With the announcement came much criticism. Many believe the “Locked Out of Heaven” singer’s career is too young to headline such a career-defining gig. Considering his performing prowess and list of hits, I beg to differ. And we mustn’t forget The Black Eyed Peas headlined the 2011 halftime show. Read More
- Rita Ora is trying really hard to get in your good graces. Accept her shine.
- Caitlin Heller was trying to make a sexy twerk video for her boyfriend and things to a little too hot. The 37-second clip is spreading like wildfire across the web, and I’m sure it’s only a matter of time until someone remixes it with Alicia Keys’ “Girl On Fire.”
- The “Feds Watching” 2 Chainz, and he’s assisting them in finding dirt on him by appearing on popular broadcasts with the black Benjamin Button, Pharrell. Their performance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! was just that—live!
- When you’re as wildly popular as Eminem, you don’t need superficial deals with phone companies to convince the world you’re still a force. Em is previewing the video for the No. 3 song in the country, “Berzerk,” during halftime of the Notre Dame/Michigan game.
- M.I.A. is an artist’s artist. From her Windows 95 graphics to her randomly epic videos, the unhinged singing rapper is nothing less than interesting. The lyric video for her latest single, “Come Walk With Me,” looks like Sri Lanka’s version of Reboot.
- Mike WiLL Made It’s upcoming single “23″ features Miley Cyrus, Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J. Molly Cyrus “kind of” raps on the track and dropped low in an MJ-inspired outfit to bring attention to it.
- Sir Ian McKellen likes ‘em young—One Direction young. Some of his dollars helped their documentary, This Is Us, rake in $17 million on opening weekend. Check out Magneto in this fabulous pic.
- The release date for the new line of iPhones is merely a rumor, but people are already lining up to buy them.
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’ isn’t quite ready to bring the runaway success of The Heist to a halt. The album’s sixth single, “White Walls” featuring ScHoolboy Q and Hollis is set to impact radio on October 8th. The video arrives on Monday, September 9th.
- Sunshine Anderson isn’t the only singer that paid tribute to Brandy; D. Woods, formerly of Danity Kane, performed “I Wanna Be Down” for her favorite singer.
- Against better judgement, Naya Rivera is moving forward with this singing thing. The official single cover for “Sorry” finds the sexy Glee star nearly in the buff, a la Miley Cyrus. It just screams basic. Sexy, but basic.
- Keyshia Cole filmed a video for “I Choose You,” the best song from her Woman To Woman album. She shared these photos from the set.
- Coldplay’s contribution to The Hunger Games: Catching FIre soundtrack exceeds every expectation you had for the song. I haven’t seen the movie yet, of course, but the song and accompanying lyric video is haunting, grim and commanding—all fitting descriptors for the sci-fi series.
- Simon Cowell & Co. is still milking the overnight success of British boy band One Direction. Supported by “Best Song Ever,” Midnight Memories, their third album in three years, is set to come out on November 25th via Syco and Columbia Records.
- This pic of Rihanna and Ariana Grande at the 2013 MTV VMAs will convince you that they’re destined to be bffs.
- “Don’t Turn On Me,” a song intended for 50 Cent’s Street King Immortal, has leaked prematurely under the name “Warning You” and the “Wanksta” rapper is furious. So furious that he declined BieberSupreme’s offer to ‘f*ck her hard’. He recorded the Alex Da Kid-produced track with Eminem in Detroit.
- Let’s take another look at Alicia Keys’ new haircut styled differently.
If Ashanti came out in the 90s and K Mart was exploiting black kids then like they do now, the commercial accompanied by the lovely sounds of “Happy” would surely look something like Ariana Grande’s “Baby I” video.
I’m not sure if that makes sense, but it really doesn’t matter because there isn’t a lot of sense to be made with the video. It’s just adorable and bubbly and everything Ariana. Read More
Celebrity couple Shannon and Monica Brown have given birth to a healthy baby girl they named “Laiyah.” Shannon commemorated the moment by sharing the photo below on Instagram with the caption, “I THANK GOD for her!!! JOY has been restored in my LIFE!!!” Read More