Kanye West sat down with BBC’s Zane Lowe to talk about himself. The pretentious interview lasted for an hour and Jimmy Kimmel decided to spoof it as “Kanye Kid (re)Kreation.” Two kids recited actual lines from the weird sit down.
Evidently Kanye’s new pimp, Kris Jenner, caught wind of the spoof and emailed the hilarious sketch to her daughter’s baby’s daddy. He wasn’t too thrilled about it because he fired a few angry and belligerent tweets Jimmy’s way. Read More
- Remember how Lady Gaga used to ruin all of her epic songs with videos exceeding three minutes and fifty-five seconds? Drake has done the same thing with “Hold On We’re Going Home.” The Canadian mob boss uploaded the video on Vimeo. Ugh…
- Cher Lloyd, 20, lured T.I., 33, away from his groupies and outside of the club where she could have him all to herself in the “I Wish” video.
- Ledisi is blaming a special someone for radiating her life on “I Blame You,” her first offering since her 2011 LP Pieces of Me.
- Katy Perry must be stopped.
- Snoop Doggy won a pound of weed from his “mexican buddy Lui” on the Floyd Mayweather fight.
- I really wish I worked at Rockstar right about now. Their pride and joy, Grand Theft Auto V, has generated approximately $800 million during its first 24 hours on sale. It made $1 billion in three days.
- “We Can’t Stop” producer Mike WiLL Made It enlisted his alleged girlfriend Miley Cyrus for his club-banging new single “23.” Juicy J and Wiz Khalifa also contribute verses. The music video is pretty much a Jordans commercial, but it’s dope nevertheless.
- Paula Patton doesn’t know why people want her to care about Miley dancing on her husband Robin Thicke.
- Cher was not feeling Miley Cyrus’ VMA performance at all. “It just wasn’t done well,” the Pop legend told USA Today. “She can’t dance, her body looked like hell, the song wasn’t great, one cheek was hanging out. And, chick, don’t stick out your tongue if it’s coated.”
- P!nk called the performance “tacky” and said Miley can do better. “She’s really freaking talented. She’s beautiful. She can sing her arse off and to go up there and do that? She’s cheating herself and she’s cheating the rest of us… She can do what she wants. People can like it if they want. I’m not going to buy it. She can do better. I’ve seen her do better.”
- Little Mix channeled Kelis and Xtina on their new alt-Pop single, “Move,” the first offering from their forthcoming album arriving on November 11th.
- Chris Brown says that if y’all are gonna judge him, y’all should be judging Jay Z too because he stabbed someone and used to sell crack.
- Jennifer Hudson’s new Pharrell-produced, T.I.-featured song sounds like something we’ll hear at family reunions for years to come. Listen to the feel-good “I Can’t Describe (The Way I Feel)” here.
- Solange dances around a lowly lit flea market in the music video for “Lovers in the Parking Lot.”
- Ja Rule opens up about losing to 50 Cent and Murder Inc’s demise.
- Jason Derulo asks Jordin Sparks to marry him in the commercial for “Marry Me.”
- #BlackTwitter has relegated J. Cole as a boring rapper, but he’s unbothered by their comments.
- Less than six months after a gruesome leg injury, Kevin Ware can jump high enough to dunk again.
- Miley Cyrus’ ex-fiancé Liam Hemsworth wasted on time moving on to the next. Check out this pic of him locking lips with Eiza González.
- First-time parents Fergie and Josh Duhamel shared the first photo of their baby, Axl Jack, on Facebook.
- The legendary Wu-Tang Clan are remixing Drake’s “Wu-Tang Forever.”
- Britney Spears will be taking up a two-year residency at Las Vegas’ Planet Hollywood. The 50-show per year spectacle commences on December 27th. She also says Molly Cyrus is “doing her thing.”
- Hit producer Mike WiLL Made It says that Ciara is already back in the studio working on the follow-up to her self-titled album.
- Rockie Fresh has a song featuring Rick Ross called “Panera Bread.” The video is not a parody.
- Juicy J clears up his controversial twerk scholarship.
- Janelle Monáe would really prefer you all to focus on her music and not her sexuality.
- Some bold fan snatched Beyoncé offstage during “Irreplaceable.” Mrs. Carter’s bodyguard swiftly saves the damsel in distress, and she went on unfazed.
- Chris Brown plans on supporting his X album with a world arena tour and packaging his life in a John Singleton-lensed documentary.
- Miley Cyrus isn’t the only mainstream diva bitten by the Juicy J bug; Katy Perry tapped Juicy for “Dark Horse,” a promo single from her Prism album. Astonishingly, it isn’t generic fodder.
- Britney Spears new single, “Work Bitch,” is more basic than the cover art. The single will likely flop, so the Pop icon is desperately begging fans to support the record.
- Gucci Mane was arrested Saturday morning after cussing out a few Atlanta cops (they probably deserved it) while in possession of marijuana and a gun. This happened after he squared off with some R&B singer named Show at Lenox Square.
- Although Azealia Banks’ debut album, Broke With Expensive Taste, is still pending, the combative rapper is already giving fans a taste of her sophomore album, Fantasea II: The Second Wave. Stream “Count Contessa” on SoundCloud. (I still don’t get what she does.)
- Jaden Smith has been tweeting some really weird things, y’all.
- Rick Ross and Yo Gotti appear in Gunplay’s cheaply made video for “Gallardo.” (Irony?) Strippers twerk throughout, so all is forgiven.The heavy-hitting track appears on MMG’s Self Made, Vol. 3.
- Speaking of Rozay, a fan fainted when she saw the Biggest Bawse at an MMG in-store signing. It’s obviously a stunt (or he indeed put molly in her champagne), but it still happened.
- Lee Daniels’ The Butler, an independent historical drama staring FOrest Whitaker and Oprah Winfrey, crosses the $100 million Box Office milestone.
- The Arctic Monkeys puts an indie rock spin on Drake’s top ten hit, “Hold On, We’re Going Home.”
- Solange wears socks with sandals in a video posted on her label’s website—SaintRecords.com.
- Ronald Isley is still the smoothest R&B cat in the business. “My Favorite” found him collaborating with Kem, who wrote, produced and is featured on the track.
Obviously Kelly Price went to the Olivia Pope School of Public Speaking. The “booked” diva is a master when it comes to enunciation, breath control, diction, inflection, tone and eye contact. When she wants you to accept her lies as truths, she speaks swiftly and clearly without stumbling over her words.
Perhaps this sorcery is effective to mindless fans looking for validation everywhere except where it matters, but in 2013, before an audience of virtual anthropologists (people engulfed by reality TV), her efforts are futile. Read More
Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones turned 40 yesterday, but if you follow his social media accounts, you know he’s been celebrating all week. Thursday, September 12th, Hennessy threw God’s Son an incredible birthday bash in New York City, and the “One Mic” rapper wore a snazzy, pink blazer to the extravaganza. Read More
- Nick Jonas wants to be Taylor Swift so badly. “R.I.P.” singer Rita Ora ripped his heart out, and he laments on new song “What Do I Mean To You.” He admitted the bitter lyrics were about Rita—whose name he mentions in the second verse—in a recent interview.
- The beautiful LeToya Luckett stars in Future’s video for “Honest.” The Colin Tilley-lensed video is shot so well, you almost disregard the blood streaming from your ears.
- Elle Varner’s relationship with NBA player Iman Shumpert has already met its demise.
- Tinie Tempah follows “Trampoline,” one of the worst records I’ve ever heard, with “Children of the Sun,” a universally appealing track courtesy of John Martin’s soaring chorus. Tinie’s inspired verses aren’t that bad either.
- Lorde is the latest indie sensation on the brink of mainstream superstardom, which means she’s at the brink of obscurity. The Lana Del Rey-inspired singer has followed her top ten debut single, “Royals,” with a less infectious but equally impressive track titled “Team.”
- Solange is featured on the titular track of Janelle Monáe’s The Electric Lady, but Lady Monáe felt the song needed a few more eccentric souls. She recruited rap legends Big Boi and Cee Lo Green for the remix.
- Britney Spears looks bored and constipated on the “Work Bitch!” single cover.
- Kanye West has been charged with criminal battery and attempted grand theft for “attacking” a paparazzo at LAX back in July.
- Sam, portrayed by Tyler, the Creator, orders his goons to beat up Wolf Haley, also portrayed by Tyler, in the trailer for WOLF, the movie adaptation of his latest album.
- If the members of Odd Future were less offensive and made music crafted for radio, they’d be Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. The way these guys’ minds are set up…look, they stay inspiring me. Watch Mack & Ryan’s video for “White Walls.” There are a lot of cameos
- Travie McCoy of Gym Class Heroes recruits Jason Mraz for his new single, radio-friendly single “Rough Water.”
Frank Ocean and Iggy Azalea appear on the Nabil-lensed covers for Oyster‘s 103rd issue. Both images are monochrome—Frank’s is under-saturated while Iggy’s is over-saturated. The accompanying interviews are still in the vault, but luckily, we have other business to discuss with these two. Read More