- It’s been a slow [entertainment] news day, so let’s just take a second to appreciate God’s gifts.
- The Game donates $10,000 to pay for funeral of slain 6-year-old girl. He shared a photo of Tiana with a touching caption.
- A$AP Rocky acted ignorantly while standing next to openly gay former NBA player Jason Collins at the VMAs, and he’s apologetic for seeming homophobic. He says he isn’t homophobic because he knows gay people and “don’t give a fuck if you gay or you not.” (Isn’t this equivalent to white racists running to the “I have black friends”-defense?)
- Alicia Keys has unveiled her new, Fall 2013 line of Reebok Classics AKW (dubs).
- Alicia isn’t the only R&B diva with a shoe line; Keyshia Cole teamed up with Steve Madden for a collection of heels.
- 35-year-old rappers Fabolous and 2 Chainz team up for “When I Feel Like It,” a contender for “Weakest Tracks of 2013.” The music video has a lot of half-naked models in it, so that’s a plus.
- Neon Hitch is such a unique character, so it would behoove many as to why she’d cover Miley Cyrus’ generic hit, “We Can’t Stop.” However, give the gypsy pop princess’ rendition a spin. It’s awesome.
- Speaking of covers and unique artists, Mateo put a lot of work in his “kitchen cover” of Drake’s “Hold On, We’re Going Home.”
- Kendrick Lamar fired shots at Meek Mill at his New York show.
- Mac Miller and Big Sean were surprise guests at Ariana Grande’s Club Nokia show in Los Angeles. They performed “The Way” and “Right There” respectively.
- Jimmy Fallon and his good boy friend Justin Timberlake have teamed up for yet another potential viral video—”Evolution of End Zone Dancing.”
- This ambiguous photo paired with this vague Daily Mirror interview is indisputable proof that Pharrell will definitely maybe be on One Direction’s Midnight Memories album.
Has someone ever apologized to you under conditions? And they usually rescind their apology if those conditions aren’t met?
That’s essentially what Keyshia Cole has done to Michelle Williams, and the former child of Destiny accepted Frankie’s child’s apology before realizing it was half-baked.
Back in February, after Beyoncé’s Super Bowl halftime show, Keyshia tweeted that Michelle is “wack” and is always ‘fuckin’ the groove up.’ Apparently it was in response to something Michelle tweeted that no one but Keyshia saw.
Last week, while promoting her new single “If We Had Your Eyes” on Philly’s Hot 107.9, Michelle said she wanted to have a woman-to-woman chat with Keyshia. She also said (in so many words) that she understands Keyshia’s struggles as a “crack baby” and applauds her for defying the odds. Read More
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’ isn’t quite ready to bring the runaway success of The Heist to a halt. The album’s sixth single, “White Walls” featuring ScHoolboy Q and Hollis is set to impact radio on October 8th. The video arrives on Monday, September 9th.
- Sunshine Anderson isn’t the only singer that paid tribute to Brandy; D. Woods, formerly of Danity Kane, performed “I Wanna Be Down” for her favorite singer.
- Against better judgement, Naya Rivera is moving forward with this singing thing. The official single cover for “Sorry” finds the sexy Glee star nearly in the buff, a la Miley Cyrus. It just screams basic. Sexy, but basic.
- Keyshia Cole filmed a video for “I Choose You,” the best song from her Woman To Woman album. She shared these photos from the set.
- Coldplay’s contribution to The Hunger Games: Catching FIre soundtrack exceeds every expectation you had for the song. I haven’t seen the movie yet, of course, but the song and accompanying lyric video is haunting, grim and commanding—all fitting descriptors for the sci-fi series.
- Simon Cowell & Co. is still milking the overnight success of British boy band One Direction. Supported by “Best Song Ever,” Midnight Memories, their third album in three years, is set to come out on November 25th via Syco and Columbia Records.
- This pic of Rihanna and Ariana Grande at the 2013 MTV VMAs will convince you that they’re destined to be bffs.
- “Don’t Turn On Me,” a song intended for 50 Cent’s Street King Immortal, has leaked prematurely under the name “Warning You” and the “Wanksta” rapper is furious. So furious that he declined BieberSupreme’s offer to ‘f*ck her hard’. He recorded the Alex Da Kid-produced track with Eminem in Detroit.
- Let’s take another look at Alicia Keys’ new haircut styled differently.
Kelly Rowland took on The Breakfast Club this morning and discussed a variety of topics, including the importance of being kissed down low, performing at the Super Bowl, giving Keyshia Cole the silent treatment and the status of Talk a Good Game. Miss Kelly also spoke on initiating the EDM trend with “When Love Takes Over” and the possibilities of a new Destiny’s Child album. Read More
The-Dream may not have been loyal to his ex-wives Nivea and Christina Milan, allegedly, but he is ride or die to Beyoncé, his play cousin. The “Single Ladies” writer told The Breakfast Club that he has blacklisted Keyshia Cole for “talking about [his] family.” After Bey dropped her trill buzz single, “Bow Down/I Been On,” Keyshia implicitly called her a hypocrite on Twitter. Read More
Ambiguity is the Devil’s volleyball; it leads imprudent individuals to illogical disputes and otherwise overlooked controversy. Just ask Keri Hilson.
Yet again, Keyshia Cole’s blunt honesty has found her on the wrong side of the majority’s opinion.
Yesterday, Beyoncé released a buzz single that included snippets of two songs, “Bow Down” and “I Been On.” The former included a few narcissistic lyrics that ambiguously targeted her industry counterparts. Read More
Keyshia Cole jumped in a pool of sharks when she harshly criticized Destiny’s Child’s Michelle Williams’ Super Bowl halftime show performance. Beyoncé gave fans a much-anticipated DC3 reunion of sorts during her “Beyoncé Bowl” spectacle.
Parallel to most onlookers, the Vibe Award-winning singer felt that the 3-time Grammy winner wasn’t holding up her leg of the tripod. After her critical tweet, Twitter erupted…and most responses were not in her favor.
Like myself, many felt Cole’s sentiments were inappropriate, especially considering her view of the game and current standing in the entertainment industry. Publicly scrutinizing a fellow “colleague” discharges a lack of professionalism and class.
Read what she had to say, along with a few reactions below. Read More
Soul music lovers, it’s time to prepare for a vacation to New Orleans. The 19th annual Essence Festival is invading the city from July 4th til the 7th.
Maxwell, Jill Scott, Brandy, Keyshia Cole, LL Cool J, New Edition and Charlie Wilson have been announced to hit the festival’s main stage. Anthony David, Bridget Kelly and Mint Condition are among the revealed performers for one of th four superlounges. Read More