- Remember how Lady Gaga used to ruin all of her epic songs with videos exceeding three minutes and fifty-five seconds? Drake has done the same thing with “Hold On We’re Going Home.” The Canadian mob boss uploaded the video on Vimeo. Ugh…
- Cher Lloyd, 20, lured T.I., 33, away from his groupies and outside of the club where she could have him all to herself in the “I Wish” video.
- Ledisi is blaming a special someone for radiating her life on “I Blame You,” her first offering since her 2011 LP Pieces of Me.
- Katy Perry must be stopped.
- Snoop Doggy won a pound of weed from his “mexican buddy Lui” on the Floyd Mayweather fight.
- I really wish I worked at Rockstar right about now. Their pride and joy, Grand Theft Auto V, has generated approximately $800 million during its first 24 hours on sale. It made $1 billion in three days.
- “We Can’t Stop” producer Mike WiLL Made It enlisted his alleged girlfriend Miley Cyrus for his club-banging new single “23.” Juicy J and Wiz Khalifa also contribute verses. The music video is pretty much a Jordans commercial, but it’s dope nevertheless.
- Paula Patton doesn’t know why people want her to care about Miley dancing on her husband Robin Thicke.
- Cher was not feeling Miley Cyrus’ VMA performance at all. “It just wasn’t done well,” the Pop legend told USA Today. “She can’t dance, her body looked like hell, the song wasn’t great, one cheek was hanging out. And, chick, don’t stick out your tongue if it’s coated.”
- P!nk called the performance “tacky” and said Miley can do better. “She’s really freaking talented. She’s beautiful. She can sing her arse off and to go up there and do that? She’s cheating herself and she’s cheating the rest of us… She can do what she wants. People can like it if they want. I’m not going to buy it. She can do better. I’ve seen her do better.”
- Little Mix channeled Kelis and Xtina on their new alt-Pop single, “Move,” the first offering from their forthcoming album arriving on November 11th.
- Chris Brown says that if y’all are gonna judge him, y’all should be judging Jay Z too because he stabbed someone and used to sell crack.
- Jennifer Hudson’s new Pharrell-produced, T.I.-featured song sounds like something we’ll hear at family reunions for years to come. Listen to the feel-good “I Can’t Describe (The Way I Feel)” here.
- Solange dances around a lowly lit flea market in the music video for “Lovers in the Parking Lot.”
- Ja Rule opens up about losing to 50 Cent and Murder Inc’s demise.
- Jason Derulo asks Jordin Sparks to marry him in the commercial for “Marry Me.”
- #BlackTwitter has relegated J. Cole as a boring rapper, but he’s unbothered by their comments.
Jason Derulo really wants you to give a damn about his music. Perhaps his desires will come to fruition if he stops blatantly jacking the styles of already popular artists.
The poor man’s Chris Brown surpassed his doppelgänger with the 2 Chainz-assisted “Talk Dirty,” but on his latest track, “Side Fx,” he sounds like Trey Songz and Mario in the more distinct parts of the song. On top of that, sections of the production sounds like the beat from Miguel’s “Pay Me.” (The “gimme pound gimme euro gimme yen” song.) Read More
It’s no secret that Jason Derulo is a poor man’s Chris Brown, but who predicted that a day would come when Jason made better music than Chris?
Jason’s latest single, “Talk Dirty,” is a bit more creative than Chris’ latest single, “Love More.” Derulo’s “I got lipstick stamps on my passport/I make it hard to leave” may be borderline corny, but it’s superior to Brown’s “‘Til we get it right, we gon’ fuck some more.” Read More
Lovey-dovey couple Jordin Sparks and Jason Derulo partnered with Glamour to illustrate four date night beauty looks. As indicated by the photos, Jordin’s wildly teased hair and svelte new bod hypnotized Jason.
Jordin isn’t the only talent show alum enjoying success outside of reality television; The X Factor’s Marcus Canty has unveiled the video for “Used by You,” the follow-up to “In & Out” featuring Wale. Read More
Young Hollywood, there’s another couple on the rise. Pop maestro, Jason Derulo, went on record to confirm his relationship with AI alum, Jordin Sparks, following their denial of a relationship after being spotted at dinner last year.
The confirmation comes as Derulo recovers from a fractured neck, which happened during a performance rehearsal and almost paralyzed him. Derulo is apparently feeling the love, gushing that the Sparkle star set aside time to be at his side; assisting and supporting him.
“We are together,” Derulo confirms. “She lives in Phoenix and she comes [to Miami] and takes care of me, brings me breakfast in bed and she’ll go on walks with me. We’ve gotten closer because of my accident. It’s awesome to have someone you can talk to and she’s a wonderful person.”
Last night, Nick Cannon hosted his annual TeenNick’s Halo Awards in Hollywood, California. The event honors teenagers tackling social problems.
Mary J. Blige and Jason Derulo hit the stage to perform at the charity show. Serena Williams, Heidi Klum, Wilmer Valderrama and Stephen Moyer all made appearances.
Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Jessica Biel and David Beckham were scheduled to appear, but aren’t featured in any of the photos. Read More
Earlier across the pond, the 2011 MOBO Awards were held at the SECC in Glasgow, Scotland. Jessie J, Tinie Tempah, Chipmunk, Jason Derulo and other stars came out to celebrate the best Music of Black Origin. Boyz II Men, Mr. Hudson and Dionne Bromfield emerged for the show.
Dionne Bromfield gave her godmother Amy Winehouse a fitting tribute by singing “Love Is A Losing Game.”
Acclaimed boy band Boyz II Men were awarded for their outstanding contribution to music.
Jessie was the big winner of the night, winning in four of her five nominated categories. During her best album win speech, she said,
“Wow. I did not expect to win that at all. I just want to say the biggest thank you to my fans because I watched this last year by myself in my living room and no one knew who I was and now I just won best album. That is epic. Thank you everyone.”
See more photos and a complete list of the winners below… Read More
Pop sensation, Jason Derülo, reached his 22nd birthday a few days ago and who does he decide to share an intimate dinner with to celebrate? None other than…