- There was an Eazy-E hologram at Rock the Bells in Los Angeles. His son, Lil’ Eazy, called it beautiful.
- DMX enjoys running around naked in hotels.
- Eminem mocked Paula Patton during the Michigan-Notre Dame live broadcast. OK, not really. He was just promoting his new single “Berzerk.”
- Tamar Braxton came, saw and conquered New York City’s Esco Club with “Hot Sugar.”
- Waka Flocka, Wooh Da Kid and Bloody Jay announce their love for Elm Street Piru in the video for “Off With His Head.” Spread peace, people.
- Beyoncé’s first boyfriend, Lyndell Locke, says the “Crazy In Love” singer didn’t believe in sex before marriage, and he cheated because he couldn’t wait anymore. Read more from the propaganda-filled interview here.
- If the singles chart is any indicator, America appreciates Katy Perry’s “Roar” more than Lady Gaga’s “Applause.” The gaga lady is so furious, she doesn’t want to see your ugly faces when she walks the streets in super high heels.
- Ellie Goulding’s serene voice was paired with an even more serene video for “How Long Will I Love You,” her contribution to the About TIme soundtrack.
- T.I. appears on Audio Push’s “Theme Song” produced by Hit-Boy.
- Janelle Monáe sang “Q.U.E.E.N.” while models walked down the runway donning Rebecca Minkoff garments.
- Did you know Brandy auditioned for the role as “Dolores” in the Sparkle remake? As we know, Tika Sumpter got the part, but B’s audition landed her a starring role in BET’s The Game.
- Jaden Smith isn’t the only light-skinned rapper that fawns over Drake—Odd Future’s Earl Sweatshirt has an odd obsession with the light-skinned Keith Sweat. He professed his love for the “I Been That Girl” writer in a candid interview.
- Katy Perry may be the most redundant artist to emerge in the last 10 years, but one thing is for certain, the jump-roping superstar delivers with the visuals. In the Nokia-sponsored video for “Roar,” her 8th Hot 100 No. 1, Jane Perry survives a plane crash and gives Angela Bassett and Meryl Streep a run for their money.
- The single cover for Miley Cyrus’ “Wrecking Ball” is pretty much what you’d expect—she’s scantly clad on a wrecking ball. Oddly enough, though, the chain isn’t connected to the wrecking ball, so I’m confused as to how they are suspended in the air.
- Black women’s role in music is beyond distorted, thanks to a few Pop icons, but Janelle Monáe is hoping to redefine that role. The Electric Lady hits stores soon.
- Mariah Carey isn’t the only supremely talented artist celebrating platinum status this week—Kendrick Lamar’s debut album, good kid, m.A.A.d city, has been certified Platinum by the RIAA for selling over 1 million copies.
- Jay-Z’s Magna Carta Holy Grail has been certified double platinum by the RIAA, thanks to Samsung buying 1 million copies of the subpar record. Meanwhile, the 43-year-old rapper was spotted celebrating his wife’s birthday in Italy.
- Ariana Grande’s first album, Yours Truly, is projected to debut at No. 1 next week on the Billboard 200. The kidz bop-esque record is supported by “Baby I,” a diet Mariah Carey-sounding track that is quite infectious. Peep a preview of the video here.
- Waka Flocka Flame is dropping a mixtape titled From Roaches to Rolex on September 30th. A roach on a Rolex is on the cover. Need I say more?
- John Legend’s Love in the Future is in stores and Alicia Keys-approved. He performed the LP’s incredible singles “Made To Love” and “All of Me” on Jimmy Kimmel Live.
Paris Hilton hangs with her Cash Money boss Birdman.
Kanye Kardashian performed at a wedding in Kazakhstan, and nobody cared. He was reportedly paid $3 million dollars to perform for the uninterested crowd.
Celine Dion’s new single “Love Me Back To Life,” penned by Sia, would be a hit if it was recorded by a better singer like Rihanna.
Simon Cowell, one of the many vultures feeding off One Direction, thinks he’ll be a good dad.
Miley Cyrus is under the delusional impression that she made history at the 2013 MTV VMAs. I’m sure Hayley Williams of Paramore doesn’t agree with this.
Cleveland kidnapper and rapist Ariel Castro found hanged in his prison cell.
HBO’s hit show True Blood is ending with season 7 in 2014. This is four season past due. Read More
Earlier this month, Gucci Mane tweeted that his protégé, Waka Flocka Flame, had been “officially dropped off Brick Squad 1017” Days later, reps claimed his Twitter was hacked.
Waka, however, isn’t convinced. He tells MTV that prior to the thumb thuggin’, he and Gucci had a really heated argument. Also, contrary to Gucci’s claims, Waka says he’s the “loyalest person you could ever see.” Jealousy is what caused the rift, according to Waka. Read More
Rap is imploding and Marco Rubio is somewhere trying to make sense of it all.
In the midst of Lil’ Wayne’s health controversy, Gucci Mane revealed via Twitter that Waka Flocka Flame had “officially” been dropped from 1017 Brick Squad. His former protégé didn’t take the news well. Read More
Gucci Mane commemorates his 33rd birthday by gifting fans with the second installment of his Trap God series. The street tape is hosted by DJ Scream and DJ Spinz and includes 23 new tracks from the Atlanta rapper. Wiz Khalifa, Lil’ Wayne, Waka Flocka, Rocko and Lloyd are among the featured guests.
Stream and download Gucci’s Trap God 2 mixtape below. Read More
According to Gucci Mane, the reconciliation with Young Jeezy–orchestrated by DJ Drama in 2009–was not sincere. While chatting with The Breakfast Club, who didn’t badger Gucci like they do most of their guests, the 1017 Bricksquad rapper said that he and Jeezy are still on bad terms.
He also spoke on Future’s lyrical skill, his friendship with Waka Flocka Flame, being independent and the politics of the industry. Read More
Red, white and black are patriotic colors for Georgian soldier, Waka Flocka Flame. The Salute Me or Shoot Me rapper has premiered the video for “Get Low,” a song from his underwhelming album, Triple F Life: Fans, Friends & Family. YMCMB associates, Nicki Minaj and Tyga, appear in the video to recite their verses. Apparently Flo Rida wasn’t in the know of the video shoot.
Waka retires his Air Force 1′s and baggy Trues for tailored white suits and crisp red blazers. Nicki sports her signature risqué outerwear, exposing her perky bosom.