Last evening, rap music’s elite gathered in Atlanta to celebrate the 2012 BET Hip Hop Awards. Unfortunately, the awards will seem meaningless this year, thanks to Young Jeezy and Rick Ross.
The show is pre-recorded and is scheduled to broadcast on October 9th. Like most pre-recorded events, the spoilers have already circulated the net. Rest assured that we are not revealing any award recipients below–only some of the performers.
- Wiz Khalifa kicked off the show with his most recent hit, “Work Hard, Play Hard.’ He brought out Jeezy and Juicy J as guest appearances.
- 2 Chainz sat at a piano and tickled the ivories for the intro of “I’m Different” and performed “Birthday Song” with a choir.
- T.I. welcomed the audience to Atlanta during his medley, which included “Trouble Man,” the title track to his forthcoming album.
- Future brought out Diddy during his performance of Pluto’s “Turn On the Lights.”
- Rick Ross allowed his titties to flap around while he performed “Hold Me Back.” Omarion, aka Maybach O, soon joined him for “Ice Cold.” Meek Mill also performed.
- Missy Elliot, Busta Rhymes, 50 Cent and Fat Joe performed in tribute of Chris Lighty. Elsewhere in the venue at this time, Rozay and the Snowman were pushing and shoving.